Lawyer with over 18 years of experience, focused on legal advice on electronic commerce and computer services. He is experienced in matters related to privacy, startups and partner agreements, mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts and intellectual property in the new technological age. His knowledge and understanding of technology (especially artificial intelligence and blockchain) and digital marketing allow him to offer complete and accurate legal advice.
He helps entrepreneurs and companies to launch disruptive and innovative business models so that they operate in alignment with the law. He specializes in the legal protection and transfer of intangible assets in the framework of corporate and commercial operations. He has participated in litigation related to interference with the right to honor and reputation, software license agreements, franchises, protection of personal data, domain names, intellectual and industrial property.
He is the lawyer responsible for the legal design of the first intelligent testament or smart will (blockchain technology + PKI infrastructure) of Spain, currently offered as the star service of the company Mi Legado Digital.
In 2017 his blog was awarded as Distinguished by the Ibero-American Network of Computer Law. Winner of the 1st Legal Hackathon of Spain (Bilbao, 2015).
He loves tackling complex legal problems with no obvious solution since this allows him to combine his technical knowledge, experience and creativity for solving such problems.
He has lived in Lima, Madrid, San Sebastian, Porto, Bologna, Paris, London and New York.
Managing partner of Algoritmo Legal.
- Bar Association of Madrid, Spain
- Bar Association of Lima, Peru
- Spanish Association of Entertainment Law (DENAE)
- Bachelor of Law and J.D, Universidad Pontificia Católica del Perú, 1998 (top 20% of class).
- Bachelor of Law and J.D., University of the Basque Country, Spain (homologation), 2005 (first of class).
- Master in Commercial Law (Diploma of Advanced Studies), Autonomous University of Madrid, 2007.
- Doctorate Studies in Private Law, University of Zaragoza, 2009.
- Doctoral Studies in Securities Market Law, University of Bologna, Italy (Erasmus), 2010.
- Doctoral research stays at the Portuguese Catholic Universities (Portugal), Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (France) and School of Advanced Study at the University of London (United Kingdom), 2008-2010.
- Course on digital marketing (Google), 2015.
- Course on website creation with HTML5 and CSS3 (Eurofor), 2019.
- Course on cybersecurity and electronic signature (Centro de formación profesional Océano Atlántico). 2019.
- Languages: Spanish, English, French, Italian and Portuguese.
He has taught Civil Law and Commercial Law at the Universities of Zaragoza (Spain), Paris Nanterre (France) and Teramo (Italy). He is currently a professor of the “Master of Technology, Entrepreneurship and Digital Law” at Villanueva University and the “Master of Data Protection, Innovation and Security” at Nebrija University.
Regular speaker in different forums on topics related to legal problems of disruptive technologies, legal protection of intangible assets and legaltech.
Coordinator and co-author of the well-known eBooks “La Prueba Electrónica. Validity and procedural efficiency” and “Digital Testament?”, Both published in 2016. Co-author of the collective work “Fintech, Regtech and Legaltech. Fundamentals, implications and regulatory challenges “(topic of chapter: Legaltech), published in 2019.
Specialities and areas of practice
- Corporate law
- Internet law
- Disruptive technologies (artificial intelligence and blockchain)
- Intellectual property (software)
- Criminal law (cybercrime)